Immerse yourself in the Culture of SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT!
Earth Rights Institute Living Lab offers innovative sustainable development programs that use a variety of powerful tools and processes to develop creative and informed leaders in the global sustainability movement.
Our Living Lab offers a transformational academic and living environment to educate the individual’s knowledge on issues such as
- strong participatory democracy
- economic and social justice
- environmental protection within the cultural context of the region.
The essence of sustainable development commands a dramatic reduction of poverty and hunger and improved development prospects for future generations. It is a system that provides the steps towards building a quality of life in a community that is healthy, productive, and meaningful for all community members, present and future.
Sustainable development fosters commitment to place, promotes vitality, inspires people to act as stewards for their land, and forges peaceful connections beyond the community.
In a sustainable community the consumption of resources is balanced by assimilation back into the ecosystem. It is the community’s choice to strive towards developing innovative ways to not consume resources faster than they can be renewed.
WHAT LIVING LAB OFFERS
- A different take on development in Education and Research
- Provides hands-on approach that supports cross-cultural collaboration
- Creates teamwork and ingenuity as keys to eradicating poverty and securing a Sustainable future for all
- Developed Partnerships with Academic and Research Institutions worldwide
- Redefines the framework of the concept “development”
- Develops innovative solutions to improve living conditions of local communities in need
- Unites students, researchers, professors, development professionals and others on collaborative work
- Designs study abroad programs that build positive global partnerships
We work year-round in Guatemala collaborating with the local population to create sustainable solutions in their community, thereby allowing the indigenous population the opportunity to live and work locally instead of migrating into the cities for employment.
Our Living Labs in sub-Saharan Africa, provide the opportunity for hands-on education in sustainable development. We create a space of exchange between villagers, students, researchers, professors and experts from both Africa and around the world.
In our cultural immersion program in rural China, students and professors participate in life at an ecological learning center, working on the biodynamic agricultural farm, studying permaculture design and integration of teaching, learning, practicing and collaborating with the local community.